Stuffed Mushrooms (Maintenance)
- 6 very large field Mushrooms
- 75g butter, at room temperatue, plus extra for greasing
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- thyme leaves
- 4 lean pork and herb sausages, skinned
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 6 tbsp coarsely grated Cheddar
- The night before, remove the mushroom stalks and chop finely. Clean the caps and place gill-side up in a lightly greased roasting tin. Mix the butter, thyme and some seasoning and spread over each one. Scatter with the stalks.
- Pull the sausage meat into small pieces and pile onto the mushrooms with the tomato. Season lightly, cover and chill overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the sausage is lightly golden and the mushrooms have softened. Remove, sprinkle each mushroom with cheese and bake for a further 5 minutes