LEMON CALAMARI SALAD
- 600g calamari, sliced into rings or pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 200g fennel, shaved
- Oil spray
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix calamari, garlic, oil, lemon zest and fennel together and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat char-grill pan on high, spray lightly with oil and add calamari mixture.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly to ensure even cooking. Calamari is cooked when it turns white.
- Squeeze lemon juice and toss through spinach leaves and divide among 4 plates.
187 calories per serve
Note: This recipe can be used while in VLCD (Phase 2) however you must only use 100g calamari per serve and cut out all oils.