ORANGE AND GINGER BAKED SALMON
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 800g salmon fillet, skin removed, pin-boned
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh dill leaves
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced (garnish)
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a shallow over tray or dish with baking paper and place fillet on baking paper.
- Make a few cut in the salmon fillet (to allow to sauce to infuse the fillet)
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, orange juice, ginger, garlic and brown sugar. Pour over fillet massaging the sauce into those cuts.
- Place the tray into the oven and cook for 12 minutes for rare or 17 minutes for medium.
- Sprinkle over dill and spring onions
Tip: An additional option to pretty up this dish is to pan-fried some orange slices and add on top, it looks gorgeous and gives an extra orange kick.
265 calories per serve