PUMPKIN & FETA FRITTATAS
- Olive oil
- 1 finely sliced leek (white part only),
- 600g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 90g feta cheese
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Grease a 12-hole, muffin pan with olive oil.
- On a medium heat, oiled frying pan, add leek to the frying pan and cook stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add pumpkin, with some additional oil, and stir to coat vegetables.
- Add ½ cup water, cover pan and steam for 10 minutes until just tender.
- In a jug, whisk together eggs and milk; season with black pepper.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir through feta and basil.
- Place muffin pan on a baking tray and spoon in the pumpkin mixture.
- Carefully pour over egg mixture to almost fill muffin holes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Rest for 5 minutes before turning on a cooling rack.
NOTE: You can put absolutely anything you like to eat in frittatas and they are delicious.