TANDOORI SPICE TOFU
- 400g extra-firm or firm water-packed tofu drained
- 2/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Spring onions sliced for garnish
- In a bowl, add salt, paprika, coriander, cumin, turmeric and mix well
- In separate skillet pan on medium heat, add lemon juice, garlic and spice mixture. Stir it in until it starts to sizzle, heat for 1 minute only.
- Make six (6) crosswise slices in the tofu block and pat dry.
- Brush the tofu sides with spiced oil and sprinkle additional salt to taste.
- On a medium-high grill, grill each side of the tofu for approx 2-3 mins per side
- In remaining spiced oil, add yogurt
- Serve tofu with prepared yogurt
- Garnish with spring onion.