Lemony Spinach and Chicken soup (VLCD)
- 100g chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup chicken broth)
- 1/2 lemon with rind
- 1-2 cups loosley packed spinach cut into strips
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (optional)
- 1/4 tsp thyme or to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with a little lemon juice.
Add the onion, garlic spices and chicken broth.
add lemon with rind and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Add the fresh spinach during the last five minutes of cooking.
Chicken 110 calories
Spinach 35 calories
Lemony Spinach and Chicken Soup (VLCD) recipe for maintaining healthy weight loss with the Trim n Healthy program