Lemony Spinach and Chicken soup (VLCD)
- 100g chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup chicken broth)
- 1/2 lemon with rind
- 1-2 cups loosley packed spinach cut into strips
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (optional)
- 1/4 tsp thyme or to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with a little lemon juice.
Add the onion, garlic spices and chicken broth.
add lemon with rind and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Add the fresh spinach during the last five minutes of cooking.
Chicken 110 calories
Spinach 35 calories
Lemony Spinach and Chicken Soup
Curry Chicken and Cabbage Soup (VLCD / HCG Diet) recipe for maintaining healthy weight loss with the Trim n Healthy program
recipe for maintaining healthy weight loss with the Trim n Healthy program