18 Feb Why Adding Red & Green Powdered Superfoods To Your Diet Is A Must
It will likely come as no surprise that typically people aren’t eating enough vegetables each day. Cue Sustain – Essential Greens & Reds Daily Health Supplement designed to help you meet your daily recommended fruit and vege intake!
So, what are they?
Super reds and greens powders are a daily dietary supplement that are mixed into liquids or smoothies. They will tend to have a green hue and taste a little grassy. Some combinations use sugar substitutes to improve the flavour, however we believe these aren’t always the best options for your body.
Essential greens and reds powders generally contain a mix of different ingredients. The produce used is typically dried or dehydrated and then ground into a powder.
What to look for?
When looking at your options, consider the nutrient profile as well as the serving size. For example, many greens and reds powders also contain ingredients that bulk out the volume like protein powder. This means you need to double your serving size to gain the same amount of nutrients. More is not necessarily better. What you want is more bang for your buck!
Sustain – Essential Greens & Reds
Our Sustain – Essential Greens & Reds is a daily health supplement formulated specifically to support overall wellness. One serve daily will flood your system with nutrients and help alkalise your body for the perfect start to the rest of your busy day.
Due to the highly concentrated nutrient profile; essential greens and reds are proven to help the immune system, reduce inflammation, detox the body, and promote healthy digestion. Our Sustain – Essential Greens & Reds powder does not contain extra ingredients to bulk it out so a 200g portion is equal to 40 serves. One serve of Sustain will only set you back 15 calories whereas most other options will range between 35-60 calories per serve.
Low GI, gluten-free, vegan, GMO-free, no fillers or additives, certified organic.
Acai berries come from a South American tree grown in the Amazon and are one of the highest sources of antioxidants on the planet. They also contain an array of health benefits from promoting cardiovascular health to increasing energy. Acai Berry Powder has a rich berry taste with a slight bitterness. Caffeine free.
Acai Berry powder is used:
- As a very rich source of antioxidants
- To reduce the absorption of cholesterol through high levels of sterols contained in Acai Berry Powder
- For its high natural fibre content which binds to cholesterol and aids in its removal from the body
- To assist in combating free radical damage through its very high content of Antocianine.
- To promote cardiovascular health and improve blood circulation. High in Anthocyanins
- To increase energy
Beetroot Powder contains very high levels of essential vitamins and minerals and has a lovely earthy sweetness. Many add beetroot powder to their diet to promote healthy liver function. Plus it’s packed full of antioxidants.
Perfect to add to smoothies, shakes and juices or sprinkle over cereal, yoghurt and ice cream. You can also add to your baking or use as a very healthy alternative to food colouring. Caffeine free
Beetroot powder is used:
- As a liver tonic. Beetroot Powder contains a phytochemical called Betaine which is known to promote a healthy liver
- To help lower blood pressure. Beetroot powder is converted into nitric oxide which helps to dilate and relax blood vessels
- As an energy booster
- To help purify the blood
Brindleberry is a native plant of Indonesia. Brindleberry Powder is widely used as a weight loss tonic as it is believed to decrease appetite and burn fat. Brindleberry has a sweet/sour taste and is used in South East Asian and Indian cooking. Caffeine free
Brindleberry powder is used:
- To promote lipid oxidation to help break down and remove fatty acids in the body
- To increase metabolism and suppress appetite
- To lower cholesterol
- To increase energy
Chlorella is a chlorophyll rich algae that grows in fresh water. It has many health benefits and is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and known for its detoxing effect on the body, particularly of heavy metals. The chlorophyll contained in Chlorella Powder provides oxygen to your body and promotes healthy red blood cells. Caffeine free.
Chlorella powder is used:
- To help lower cholesterol by binding to it and then clearing it from the digestive tract
- To detox the body from heavy metals and toxins
- By diabetics to improve glucose uptake in the liver
- To promote healthy skin and strong hair
- Rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, magnesium and iron
- 60% complete protein
Maca is a root grown in Peru and is part of the radish family. It is also known as Peruvian Ginseng. Caffeine free. Maca Powder is high in vitamins and minerals, is used to increase energy and is great for womens and mens health issues. Because Maca acts as an adaptogen, it responds to the body by regulating hormone production by increasing the production of certain hormones that are low, and likewise reducing hormones that are being produced too much.
Maca powder is used:
- To boost libido, balance hormones and increase fertility. Acts as an adaptogen to increase/decrease hormones as needed by the body
- To relieve menstrual issues and symptoms of menopause
- To increase energy
- To alleviate depression, anxiety, stress and mood swings
- Rich in B vitamins, vitamins C, E
- Contains calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous amino acids
Spirulina is a natural algae that is extremely high in chlorophyll. It’s a potent source of nutrients, rich in antioxidants, B vitamins, iron, contains high concentrations of protein and is especially high in Omega-3. Caffeine free. Spirulina Powder has a rather strong seaweed flavour, try adding 1/2 teaspoon to your favourite juice or smoothie.
Spirulina powder is used:
- For its anti-inflammatory properties. Contains the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA),
- To help remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system. Contains high levels of chlorophyll
- To increase fat burning during exercise
- To build good gut flora and remove mercury and other heavy metals from the body
- Very high in calcium, containing 26 times the calcium found in dairy milk
- Contains high concentrations of iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamins A, C, E, and K, and B vitamins
Barley Grass is the seedling of the barley plant. It’s a great source of chlorophyll which helps purify the body by eliminating toxins that could lead to disease. It’s said that barley grass is the only vegetable in the world that can supply the human body with all the nutrients it needs. A premium Australian product. Barley Grass has a strong grassy taste. Caffeine free.
Barley Grass powder is used:
- For its strong alkalizing and detoxing effect on the body
- To suppress cholesterol absorption. Barley Grass Powder contains beta sitosterol which is used help in cholesterol lowering
- As an aid to control weight. Barley Grass Powder invigorates the thyroid gland which controls the body’s metabolic rate.
- Rich in many vitamins including A, B1, B2, B12, C and all nine essential amino acids
- High in calcium, iron, potassium, chlorophyll
- High in antioxidant
Wheatgrass is taken from young wheat plants before the wheat seed begins to form, making it gluten free. Wheatgrass Powder is used as a natural detoxifier and is rich in chlorophyll and full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder contains the nutritional equivalent of 1kg of leafy greens! It has a strong grassy flavour. Our organic Wheatgrass Powder is a premium Australian product. Caffeine free.
Wheatgrass powder is used:
- To cleanse and detoxify the body
- To improve digestion
- To promote healthy skin
- To boost the immune system and reduce fatigue
- Rich in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E, K and also calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium
Check out our wellness range here.