SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Flaked sea salt to season and garnish baked fries
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Line two baking sheets with baking paper then slide into the oven so they become hot.
- Scrub then cut the sweet potatoes into sticks roughly 5cm long.
- Add to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Tumble sweet potatoes onto hot baking sheets and spread into one layer. Try not to crowd them too much or else they will not brown.
- Bake, turning fries and rotating pans once, until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender; between 15 to 25 minutes.
- The sweet potato fries are done when they look dry and the fries have puffed up a little.
- Season fries with flaked sea salt.